Hello again, Stamping Friends!
As promised, I'm back to share the fun I had making some flowers with Stampin' Up!'s new Fringe Scissors! These debuted in the Occasions Catalogue, and are available to order – item #133325 for only $13.50.
I made a little tutorial of how I made the flowers, step-by-step; I'm posting it here, and I'll also put it on my Tutorial page, so it stays there where you can easily find it.
-using the new Fringe Scissors from Stampin’ Up!® (item #133325)
Cardstock –colour of your choice
Paper Piercing Tool (item #126189)
Stampin’ Pierce Mat (item #126199)
2 3/8” Scallop Circle Punch (item #118874)
Stampin’ Spritzer (item #126185)
Brads – your choice of type/colour
Rubbing Alcohol (70%)
1. Using the 2 3/8” Scallop Circle punch, punch out 6 circles from your cardstock .
2. Using the Fringe Scissors cut all the way around each of the scallop circles.
3. Fill your Stampin’ Spritzer ¾ of the way with tap water, then add the 70% rubbing alcohol to the top. The rubbing alcohol will help the cardstock dry faster than just straight water.
4. Spritz each of the fringed flowers with the water/alcohol mix, ensuring they are quite saturated.
5. Scrunch each of the flowers, one by one, in your hand.
6. Stack each of the flowers on top of each other, slightly flattening the out so that they will layer.
7. Place the stack of flowers on top of the Pierce Mat, and with the Paper Piercer, pierce a hole through the centre of the stack of flowers.
8. Remove the Paper Piercer, and place the Brad you chose through the hole made by the piercer, and open the prongs at the back to hold the brad in place.
9. Fluff up the fringes of the flower; set aside to dry.
10. Repeat as many times as you’d like; now your flowers are ready to be used in any type of project!
Of course there are many more uses for the Fringe Scissors - this is just a start! I'm having more fun, and will be back to share again with you soon!
Until next time – Happy Stamping! (and Fringing!)