Hi stamping friend! I thought I’d share with you a Mini Treat Bag tutorial that I first shared in one of my February newsletters.
Some people may be wondering ‘why should I sign up for your newsletter, if I already read your blog posts’?
Well, that’s because I share information, stamping and tool tips, plus free tutorials in my newsletter! These are not shared her on my blog – that’s why you should join my newsletter subscribers! It’s easy to do, and will only take you a few seconds. CLICK HERE to go to my ‘Newsletter’ page, and fill out your information. Or, if you haven’t already closed it, fill out the pop up form that you see when you first come to my blog.
MINI TREAT BAG TUTORIAL
This particular one was done in February, with Valentine’s Day in mind. But just change up the paper and use a different sentiment, and it will fit whatever occasion you need it for.
STAMP SET: Birthday Blooms (140655 wood, 140658 clear)
INKS: Berry Burst (144083)
Painted with Love Designer Series Paper (145580) 6” x 6” plus 2” x 2”
Whisper White cardstock: (100730) 3” x 3”
Berry Burst cardstock: (144243) 3” x 3”
Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Big Shot (143263)
Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372)
Sweet & Sassy Framelits (141707)
Tear & Tape (138995)
Berry Burst 3/8” Metallic-Edge Ribbon (145489) 6” length
Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Paper Snips (103579)
- Place 6” x 6” DSP onto Simply Scored board. Score at 1”, 2 ¾”, 3 ¾”, and 5 ½”
- Turn 90degrees, and score at 1” and 4 ½”
- With the side with the 1” score line, cut up each score line to the 1” score line. Remove the smallest rectangle at one end. (See picture)
- With the side with the 4 ½” score line, cut & remove all squares except the 2nd one in from the smallest end. See picture for details.
- Fold and burnish on all score lines.
- Place Tear & Tape on the skinniest rectangle on one end, and on the first rectangle on the bottom. See picture for placement.
- Remove backing on the Tear & Tape, and attach the 2 long edges together, with the skinny flap on the inside.
- Remove backing on the Tear & Tape, fold in bottom flaps and adhere closed.
- Gently push in the two sides of the bag, and fold top flap closed. Use Paper Snips to round the corners of the flap, if desired.
- Wrap the 6” length of ribbon around the flap, tying it closed with a knot in the front. Trim excess ribbon with the Paper Snips.
- On the 3”x3” white cardstock, stamp the sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set in Berry Burst ink.
- Use the Big Shot with the Stitched Shapes Framelits to die cut the sentiment in an oval shape.
- Use the Big Shot with the Sweet & Sassy Framelits to die cut 1 medium heart from Berry Burst cardstock, and 1 small heart from Painted with Love DSP.
- Attach the large heart to the back of the sentiment oval with liquid glue.
- Attach the sentiment oval to the front of the bag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, attach the small heart to the front of the sentiment with liquid glue.
The ‘X’s show which pieces to remove after cutting; the lines show you on which score lines to cut. In the second picture, you can see what your piece should look like, once the pieces are removed, and where your adhesive is to be placed.
This Painted with Love Designer Paper is so pretty, it can be used for any occasion!
SUBSCRIBER TO MY NEWSLETTER
If you’d like to receive a newsletter that contains free tutorials, stamping and tool tips, upcoming events, and Stampin’ specials, be sure to subscribe to my Newsletter! These are all exclusive to my newsletter subscribers; tutorials are a variety, including cards, 3D items, scrapbooking pages, and more. CLICK HERE to join – it’s all free, there’s no obligation, and if your interests change, you can always safely unsubscribe. And don’t worry – I NEVER share or sell my customer’s email information with anyone!
I look forward to sharing more tutorials and information with you soon – all directly to your email inbox!
To purchase any of the supplies I used to create the Mini Treat Bag, click on the product images below. You can shop directly in my online store, and have your order delivered to your front door.