Hello again, friends!
As promised, I'm back to share with you a card I made with one of the newest Single Stamps that are available for a limited time from Stampin' Up!
Just to refresh your memory, here are pictures of the single stamps that are available until March 31st – so you'll want to get your order in soon!
As soon as I saw the 'Ears to You' stamp, I knew I was going to order it! I just love animals, and these rabbits are so cute – realistic, but not, at the same time, you know? I think they're perfect for using on a Spring themed card, as well as for Easter, without being too 'cutesy'.
So here's the card that I made – I think it could be used for either occasion – a general 'spring' card for a friend, or for Easter. What do you think?
It's a pretty basic card to make, but I thought I'd share a quick 'how to' with you.
Here's what you'll need:
Cardstock: Lucky Limeade (#122926), Pretty in Pink (#100459), Very Vanilla (#101650).
Designer Series Paper: Tea for Two (#129311
Ink: Lucky Limeade (#126984), Pretty in Pink (#126955), So Saffron (#126957)
Embellishments: Very Vanilla ribbon(I used retired ribbon), Pearl Basic Jewels #119247
Tools:Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (#113439) Labels Collection Framelits (#125598), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335), Dimensionals (#104430), Sticky Strip (#104294), Paper Snips (#103579), Simply Scored (#122334), Bone Folder (#102300)
1) Start with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock; cut it in half to measure 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Use the Simply Scored to score it in half at 4 1/4", and fold.
2) Take your sheets of Tea for Two DSP, Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla card stock, and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest of the Labels Collections Framelits, and run each through the Big Shot, one at a time. Your largest label shape will be the DSP, then the Pretty in Pink, then the Very Vanilla (see picture below).
3) Run the Pink label shape through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
4) Using your ink pads & a blender pen, or using Stampin' Up! Markers in Lucky Limeade and Pretty in Pink, colour & stamp the 2 outside rabbits onto the Very Vanilla label.
5) On a scrap piece of Very Vanilla, stamp the middle rabbit in So Saffron, and cut out using the Paper Snips. Adhere this rabbit onto the Very Vanilla label, in between the 2 other rabbits, using Stampin' Dimensionals.
6) Place a piece of Sticky Strip horizontally across the middle of the Lucky Limeade card base; remove the backing, and place the Very Vanilla ribbon on top of it, cutting it to size.
7) On another piece of scrap Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sentiment 'Ears to You' in Lucky Limeade ink, and trim to size with 'banner' ends, using Paper Snips.
8) Using dimensionals, adhere each of the label shapes together, centering them on top of each other, largest to smallest (DSP, then Pink, then Vanilla). Adhere them onto the card base, above the ribbon, again using dimensionals.
9) Finally, adhere the sentiment just underneath the rabbits on the Very Vanilla label, and place a Pearl on each of the top corners of the card base.
And here is your finished card! Arent' those rabbits adorable, with their different textures?
I hope you enjoyed making your card! If you need any of the supplies to make this card, or any other, please just click on either my name below, or on the 'Order Online' button on the right hand side of this page. Plus, don't forget to sign up to make some wonderful creations at my next class (I'll be posting some hints about what we'll be making, soon!)
Until next time – Happy Stampin'!